Monday, September 13, 2010

What a crazy year it's been so far!


Wow, can it get much busier? I don't know.

Last year we brought on four new people to help us build costumes, design characters, and wear mascots for local teams.

This summer we trained nearly 50 people in the fine art of mascotdom.

Recycled costumes are becoming more popular.

Tomorrow I'm bringing Casey Bear to my son's Pre-K class, it's "B" week!

Oh, and if you haven't seen them yet, here are some video highlights from our 2010 mascot camps!

Yes, they DID silly string Sergeant Slaughter!

Yes, they DID Twist with the Phillie Phanatic!

Yes, they DID dance to Japanese Hip Hop at San Jose Giants' Japanese Heritage Day!

Yes, they DID take down York's mascot in a tug-of-war!

Yes, he DID hold his own with the Phillie Phanatic in a dance contest!



Seeing the work that the campers and trainers put into the time we spent really makes me feel proud that I'm at a point in my life where I can enjoy what I do, enjoy my family, and look to more days on the bench cheering these mascots on, and less in suit. But not totally out of suit!

No comments: